tips from our waxperts
- You may want to take a pain relieving pill about an hour before your waxing so as to temporarily reduce pain and sensitivity.
- It is best to allow around 3-4 weeks between waxing and/or shaving. Roughly a quarter of an inch of hair growth is required for bikini, legs and underarms.
- In cases where your body hair is very long, it is best to trim it down so that the waxing is more comfortable. If you are unsure about the length of hair, our technicians will trim it for you, but it is always better a bit longer than for it to be too short.
- It is not suggested that you use peels (glycolic, AHA, etc.) or dermabrasion on the waxing area under any circumstances for up to 24 hours prior to receiving a skin wax. Also discuss with your technician if you are taking any medication that may make your skin prone to extra sensitivity.
- We suggest you avoid alcohol and caffeine 24 hours before your wax.
- Do not use a suntanning bed or go suntanning 24 hours before a body wax.
- Tend Skin, PFB and manual exfoliation such as exfoliating gloves are recommended. These types of products will help to avoid ingrown hairs. WAX Hair Removal Bar™ also offers the services of exclusive body facials which will help to treat your in-grown hairs. We suggest this service is best booked in-between your waxes as a treatment.
- Keep the waxed area clean, and try to avoid using harsh clensers or creams for 24 hours after your bodywaxing treatment.
- It is important to remove any perfumes or lotions from your skin prior to waxing, and we suggest thoroughly washing and drying your skin in order to remove any residue even if you did not apply perfumes or lotions today.
- Try to avoid hot tubs, hot showers/baths, sunbathing, exercise before your waxing. Additionally, we suggest you not have sex, yep that’s right we said it, no sex for 24 hours post wax.
- It is best not to exfoliate the skin for 2-3 days after your wax. We suggest you exfoliate regularly after the procedure to help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Try to avoid shaving between your waxes, as shaving causes the hairs to become very coarse. Coarse hair can be difficult to wax.
- We suggest you wear plain cotton underwear after your waxing procedure, as lace or un-breathable materials can cause irritation in the area.